This is a half day (3 hour) LGB awareness session that will provide participants with an introduction to some of the critical issues relative to history and culture of LGB+ communities in the UK, legislation, and how this impacts on delivery of service delivery to LGB+ people. General themes covered within the session will include:
- Diversity in the UK
- Historic Context of Equality and Diversity and the LGB+ community
- Key Definitions and Language
- Awareness and understanding of the issues affecting LGB+ people
- Legislation including Equality Act 2010 and Human Rights Act 1998
- Implications for service delivery
- Implications relative to employers and employees
- Delivery of services to improve equality and inclusion
The session will provide delegates with an increased understanding of LGB+ communities and improve ability and confidence to effectively engage with and support LGB+ people.
This session is intended for delivery to up to 20 delegates at your own venue at a Cost of £425 plus travel costs.
For further information and a full proposal contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 2547412